Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Heart in Ayam Kecap

“My coffee” and his weird craving. He craved for my own recipe of what we called “Ayam Kecap”. I am not a good chef. I use the real name of the cuisine and I will make it in my own ways. What did I actually do? I just made it by predicting what ingredients it should be in it and hope it taste good. Surprisingly, My coffee loves it. Even worst, there was always time when there are guests staying at my place. But, again I haven’t done any grocery shopping. So what I do is, I open my fridge; see what I have in stock. Figure something out and create something that I guess my guests could enjoy (at least I hope they did..hi hi). Bottom line, I create foods without names. If you ask me again what’s in it, I will answer I do not know all I know it wont kill you. But, I do love cooking even though I never follow any recipe. I love to stay in the kitchen and just mix something (sometimes burn something). I didn’t say I am a pro, did I.

Once I live with my friends; Farrah and Teri. One night, Farrah wanted to cook for us dinner. She only fried the frozen chicken burger and we plan to eat it with rice. She did burn the chicken, but we had a laugh. We appreciate her heart with it and still have that moment as a giggle for once and a while until now. I started to wonder, so what made that night fun? What made the food still taste good even though it was burned kinda bad?

Maybe the love of friendship that we shared while we enjoy that food made the food taste more delicious and made us miss the moment even more. Maybe the heart that my friend give unconsciously while she made it, made us appreciate the meal we had that night. I guess that’s where good memories come from.

Anyways talking about making something with heart, I believe that everything you make will be wonderful if you give your love or I should say a little bit of heart in it. For example, if you have an assignment to draw something. You hate drawing. But then again, you have to. If you made the drawing with a little bit of heart, automatically you will spend more time on it. Of course the people who made with a will to do it, will spent more time in their job as well. But, what I’m trying to say is if you made it with heart people will see the result differently. They will feel your passion in it and that will make them appreciate your creation even more. Not just a creation from a hard worker. Not just a drawing that was made just because you have to. If you did something with love, I guess everybody will appreciate it. What is my real point you may ask?

My point is, we need to have the passion to do things. We need the will and sincere feelings in process. We need a little bit of heart as part of it. Love could be transferred through anything. It could be sent through food, through eye contact, through art, through every single thing. No wonder everyone love their mothers home baked cookies. Maybe we consume the love that it was given as the food was created. Like I always said love goes two ways, if people receive your love, believe me it will return to you in many ways, sooner or later. Nothing to loose in trying and put a little heart in everything. By the end of the day, when you know someone love what you made then you know you receive some of the love you sent out. There is enough amount of love in the world. You wouldn’t ran out of it if you share it in life. So, as a closure I’ll say, “Ayam Kecap, anyone?”